- Managing the factory’s day to day operations.
- Controlling factory’s operation cost.
- Set and maintain the factory budget.
- Ensures good manufacturing practices to minimize generation of rejects through compliance with laid-down procedures and specifications.
- Implement quality and food safety systems.
- Responsible for factory hygiene standards
- Represent the factory on various Project Teams
- Manage customer service levels
- Manage working capital
- Develop and instigate operating procedures for the efficient use of resources.
- Ensure that accurate production data is entered into the ERP system.
- Communicate to the MD on a daily basis regarding operational performance and order completion status.
- Develop and execute value analysis projects
- Develop subordinates and implement shop floor development initiatives
- Compile the factory capacity and capability studies for future capital expenditures.
- Negotiate with trade unions with assistance from Human Resources to get agreement on working conditions.
- Identifies and makes a recommendation for the training needs of staff and Plan and organize in-house and external training to improve staff competencies
- Keeps in touch with current developments in manufacturing methods, operations management, equipment and materials related to the company’s products and operations.
- Prepares reports on factory activities for Management decisions.
- Carries out any other job as assigned by MD in line with the company policy.
- Minimum of B.Sc., B. Eng. or HND.
- 7 years’ relevant experience in FMCG (preferably bakery) industry
- Must have a good understanding and experience in the manufacturing process.
- Must have driven manufacturing operations in FMCG (preferably bakery) sector.
- Good knowledge of strategic planning
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team cohesion
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated knowledge of various production management techniques and practices
- Self –starter; must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Computer literate with experience with enterprise management or other production management software/Microsoft office tools
Salary- N120,000 - N180,000