Engineering Culture: Agile, Remote, & Talented. Neu has a small (but growing) team of talented engineers, working full time remotely, with 2/3s of engineers based in Nigeria. We are a progressive eng team leveraging the newest tech such as Kubernetes, Docker, Typescript, React/Redux, Postgres, etc. We practice agile dev practices including standups, backlog tasks, time costing, etc. If all of this sounds interesting to you then we encourage you to apply.
- Experience with NodeJS/Typescript & Docker/Containers, Microservices, and public Clouds (AWS, Azure, etc).
- Proficient API design and development
- Implementing CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
- Building RESTful Services
- Proficient at protocols like gRPC, REST, GraphQL
- Database technologies like PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, and MongoDB.
- Web server technologies like Node.js, J2EE, Apache, Nginx, ISS, etc.
- Frameworks related to their server-side language of choice like: Express.js, Ruby on Rails, Laravel, etc.
Roles and Responsibility
- Implement backend architecture from product launch through scale.
- Possess the Ability to take a feature from scoping requirements through actual launch of the feature.
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code, quickly
- Work with a team of remote developers: be able to tackle assigned tasks, manage and track performance while collaborating w/ team members.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong Kubernetes/Containers experience
- Rigor in software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and DevOps
- Be proficient in Computer Science fundamentals in design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis.
- Excellent written, verbal, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Start-up experience is a plus. Comfortable working in an agile/lean environment.
- Be hardworking.
- Have grit, growth mindset, and don’t be a shitty person.
Years of experience: 1-2 (junior)
Key skills: Docker/Containers, Typescript/NodeJS, REST, CS foundations, Microservices background
N2.2M - N2.5M annual salary
Annual performance-based bonus