A reputable transport and logistics company seeks to fill the above position with suitable and qualified persons.
- Analyze current procedures and activities to identify and present opportunities for improvement of the workshop
- Maintain good relationships with customers.
- Ensure adequate maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials in the Service Area.
- Facilitate the training and development of team members in the department, by providing feedback and coaching to support improvements in their job performance.
- Conduct annual Performance Appraisal for Workshop Personnel.
- Provide advice and technical assistance to team members.
- Evaluate the impact of work delays, interruptions or changes in plans to develop appropriate course of actions.
- Monitor workflow to anticipate impact of delays due to team members being absent foReview customers service orders and inspect the quality of a technician repairs before the release of vehicles.
- Review work orders to ensure that all actions have been documented according to Service Workshop policies and procedures.
- Plan and adjust the workloads of department personnel to match their skills and abilities.
- Must possess the hands-on skills of a technician that does not exclude fluid changes, tyre rotations, change belts and other defective parts. This is important for practical training purposes for technicians.
- Greet customers and interact with them to understand their vehicular problems.
- Drive the vehicle with the technician and the customer to gain firsthand knowledge of the vehicular problems.
- Prepare the cost estimates including the services and repair costs and the cost of spare parts, if needed.
- Maintain and manage a daily record of repairs and services of vehicles undertaken and completed.
- Ensure delivery of vehicles to customers on time
- Handle and manage softly the minor complaints and irritants with the customers.
- Educate customers on maintaining their vehicles free from troubles and problems.
- Supervise, manage and monitor automotive service technicians and repairers.
- Handle customer inquiries and respond to their needs in a cool, courteous and prompt manner.
- Ensure customer satisfaction at the highest level through effective services and repairs.