A firm in the food services sector seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
- Agrees on the annual Audit Plan with the President and the Audit Committee
- Performs the audits and reviews Audit Plan in the diverse and computerized environment
- Monitors and evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of the System of Internal Control
- Makes recommendations to management about improving the operational, financial and governance control systems with a view to attaining best value for money
- Provides a consulting service for Management to aid the identification of risks and to advise on the implementation of systems of control in order to minimize financial operational and governance risks
- Provides an objective assurance for management and other stakeholders
- Monitors and assesses compliance with the Institute's policies and procedures.
- Assists management in identifying risks associated with their activities
- Provides analysis, advice, and information to management
- Advises management on the implementation of controls for new systems/project
- Audit staff report regularly to the Management Committee
- Any other duties as assigned by the Management.
- Minimum of 2 solid years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
- Bachelor’s Degree, HND in Accounting
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical
- skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Computer Literate – Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word
- Experience with SAP, Tally, CRM Zoho
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Excellent analysis skills, and the ability to collaborate with a multi-department team. Also helpful to have experience manipulating large databases.