Essential Skills for an Audit Supervisor
To be successful as an audit supervisor you need to have at least some of the following essential skills:
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are essential to convey the important information in a clear, concise and effective manner to individuals or groups
· To identify the problem areas faced by the subordinates and develop action plans to resolve the issues
· To be able to meet the targets on the given deadline
· To constantly monitor audit staff and ensure that discipline and standards are being followed appropriately
· Should have excellent time management and organizational skills
· Should be able to make the right decisions keeping in mind the impact it will have on the organization's goals and objectives
· He should be able to provide training and design developmental plans for improving the efficiency of the subordinates. He should be able to review, direct and guide the audit staff and manage the workload to achieve maximum output. He should be well-versed with the auditing standards, software and should be adaptable to new changes.
Must have good knowledge of Microsoft office suites.
Educational Requirements for an Audit Supervisor
· A BS degree or business administration degree is the minimum requirement. A master's degree in accounting, taxation, audit or finance is preferred.
· Professional certification in audit, ICAN or ACCA certification is definitely a plus. Experience in the relevant field will prove to be helpful.
· Up to 2 years’ experience in a mid-tier audit firm
Work Hours of Audit Supervisors
· The audit supervisor works in a standard routine. His work schedule normally lasts for forty to forty-five hours per week. He may need to work for extended hours depending on the priority of the project.