Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
- Group Operations: a range of essential and complex services to ensure processes across the bank work as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Business requirement
- Ensure that laid-down instructions for handling and movement of treasury cash to and from tellers SBV are adhered to
- Ensure that current stock of blank forms received is recorded and signed for according to laid-down procedures
- Ensure that record keeping is carried out according to laid-down instructions for treasury cash, blank forms and safe custody items
- Ensure that swept deposits are correctly handled appropriately
- Ensure that all irregular items have been actioned before the end of the day
Monitoring of cash holdings:
- Ensure that cash does not exceed prescribed limits
- Ensure that sufficient cash levels are maintained to meet normal customer requirements
- Ensure that Auto Bank and Auto Cash terminals are always adequately stoked with cash and stationery
- Maintain close liaison with Auto Bank Control Centre to ensure that equipment problems are dealt with promptly
- Ensure that potential faults that could cause equipment to malfunction are identified and resolved on time
- Ensure that all ATM terminals are kept clean and maintained in good condition
- Control ATM cash according to laid-down instructions
- Balance cash at the required intervals
- Report and action differences in ATM cash promptly
- Ensure that ATM cash is safeguarded against unnecessary and preventable loss.
- Action ATM reports as listed on the Duty List promptly
- Reconcile ATM cash daily
- Action Care Suspects accurately and on time, resulting in reduced operating losses
- Planning is generally on a daily to weekly basis within regular activity cycles
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Minimum 2.2 from University
- 1-3 years experience
- Ability to attend to customer queries timeously is required
- Sound recall of procedures and previous experiences, in order to recognize the appropriate solution to each situation
- Resourceful, finding practical ways to efficiently deal with voluminous workloads, and remain focused on priority issues
- To provide a basic, branch-based business banking sales and service facility to a portfolio of small business customers requiring uncomplicated and standardized financial product solutions
- Explain, promote and sell a range of appropriate Stanbic IBTC product offerings and solutions that meet the financial needs of small business customers.
- Selling includes acquiring and opening new business accounts (walk-in customers)
- Cross-selling additional products & services to existing customers (walk-in customers, during pro-active telephone conversations).
- Identifying sales leads for associate company stakeholders e.g. Vehicle and Asset Finance; Electronic Banking (Business Online); Card; etc.
- Mining existing customer data to identify expansion and/or additional business opportunities.
- Identifying opportunities to migrate top-end customers.
- Performing a liaison role between customers and back-office service fulfillment and credit functions.
- Educating clients regarding the parameters and routine procedures governing standard SME product and service offerings to ensure the correct customer behavior and product usage.
- Adhering to record keeping requirements as outlined by CBN and the Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU)
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a 2.2 B.Sc degree from an accredited University
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in Banking preferably in relationship/transactional banking.
- Business Assistant experience to the Business Manager is ideal.
- This experience provides an understanding of how to interact with and sell to personal banking customers, as well as how the principles of scored lending are applied in practice.
- Experience in Credit origination.
- Previous experience in running a small business.
- Business and Financial Advisory
- Knowledge of Asset Management Products
- Credit Analysis
- E-Channel management.