- You are a global development leader and you thrive in tackling global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic growth, ensuring no population is left behind. You enjoy leading high-performing teams that drive the delivery of innovative and results-oriented solutions for clients, by proposing problem-solving and creating tailored frameworks that address client challenges. You excel in solving problems using clear strategic and creative thinking, and you want to put your skills to work – transforming organizations that fund change around the world. You are a committed self-starter with experience as a ‘top- performer’ at a leading international management consultancy firm, a passion for international development, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Provide strategic direction to consultant teams, ensure quality control of project delivery
- Develop relationships with clients and sell projects
- Contribute to the professional development of junior staff
- Build the firm’s reputation and expertise through knowledge development and thought leadership
- Lead client relationships on issues of strategy and management related to development.
What You Will Do and How You Will Grow
- Associate Partners are part of the company'leadership team, and will be expected to sell work, manage projects, and develop team members. They will play a key role in developing relationships with clients and converting these relationships into work for the firm, as well as leading the creation and submission of proposals. Associate Partners will provide strategic direction to consultant teams, ensure quality control of project delivery, and help manage client relationships as part of their project management and oversight responsibilities. They will also be expected to contribute to the professional development of junior staff by providing them coaching and mentoring. Associate Partners also help build the firm’s reputation and expertise through knowledge development and thought leadership. They will build on previous private sector consulting experience and relationships to take on private sector-led solutions to development issues. Travel is expected and varies by office and project.
Required qualifications for an Associate Partner:
- Significant work experience at a top-tier management consultancy, including experience leading project teams and building client relationships
- Experience in international development and/or frontier and emerging markets
- Appetite and desire to tackle challenging development problems through private sector-led initiatives
- A high degree of professionalism and credibility
- Sensitivity to the political and cultural environment of international public agencies or similarly complex environments
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a team player and team builder and performing well in a start-up atmosphere
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical abilities
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner
- Fluency in English; proficiency with other languages an advantage
- Proven ability to build strong and trusting relationships, with strong regional/ in-country networks preferred
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree or MBA is preferred