Purpose of the position
- The Associate EOC IT Technical Support will serve as the functional link between Sales, Operations, Research and Development, Sustaining Engineering and Product Line Management with regards to the support of existing and new technology. Oversight and Development of region technical standards in engineering, sales, and operations.
What You’ll Do
- To perform this job successfully, the Associate EOC IT Technical Support will perform the following responsibilities which may include but are not limited to:
- Provide “on-site” support to the client and client’s customers as needed.
- Responsible for escalating technical issues for Technical and Data Management Team.
- Maintain the support log and make this available to the Client and/or Technology Provider as requested.
- Ensure that all actions and discussions pertaining to software issues are escalated,
- Ensure that all stakeholders are informed of all eHA Data Solutions latest by working closely with the State Data teams and sharing that information with all stakeholders.
- Ensure customer and partner inquiries are responded to within established timeframes and customer care and support service levels are achieved.
- Attend Client support meetings when required.
- Review and create technical documentation
- Support solution delivery, implementation and Systems Management
- Recommending high-quality solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements Integrate hardware and software and giving prompt feedback to eHA.
- Perform assigned first technical resolution tasks including study and analysis of Technical/Geographic Data.
- Assist with developing and implementation of eHA Related Applications and software.
- Attends all EOC staff meeting and liaise with State EOC Teams where necessary.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Ensure general Technical support to the EOC Office staff and Partners as required are provided.
- Provide field technical support as needed.
- Assist in technical investigations and problem Job reporting.
- Support the overall technology strategy in maintaining awareness of the available technology in the organization and informing partners on the availability of these solutions.
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management.
- Provides technical support to troubleshoot malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes, and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized academic institution in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Electronics or any related field.
- IT Technical support experience preferably in an International NGO or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced level knowledge of telecommunications, IP design, and implementation skills, & in-depth knowledge of IP Network.
- Ability to find the solution to complex network problems through creative thinking, analytical reasoning, and past experiences along with available resources and information.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
- Excellent business communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a member of a team and possess good problem-solving skills.
- Must have flexibility in working hours, including on-call availability and the willingness to work holidays. Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a member of a team and possess the good problem-solving skill.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in the programme to work calmly under pressure
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in local Hausa is an advantage.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.