This role is central to the delivery of LUG’s Nigeria recruitment strategy.
About Lancaster University Ghana and Transnational Academic Group
Lancaster University Ghana is a partnership between Transnational Academic Group and Lancaster University, UK. Our campus is a branch campus of Lancaster University, UK. We provide excellent and inspiring teaching and places great emphasis on a strong student experience, employability and gives students access to academics who are experts in their field. Lancaster University Ghana offers the exact same degree to the degrees offered at our Lancaster University main campus in the UK. This means that you will be awarded the same qualifications - as if you were studying at the main campus.
Transnational Academic Group develops people who develop nations. Valuing and developing our people is essential to long term success. Our capacity to achieve our goals is dependent on our ability to attract, develop, nurture and retain high quality academic and professional staff. Transnational Academic Group (TAG) is owned and operated by a group that focuses on building value across three major business verticals including education, media, and information technology. The Group includes, among other interests, ABN 360, CNBC Africa, Forbes Africa, and Tech One Global.
The Assistant Vice President, Student Recruitment and Business Development is responsible for the development and implementation of the student recruitment strategy in Nigeria and the recruitment of students to TAG Ghana’s LUG campus.
Reporting to the CEO at the Lancaster University Ghana campus, the Assistant Vice President, Student Recruitment and Business Development will have responsibility for managing a growing team of Recruitment Officers, and will also have regional responsibility for student recruitment from Nigeria.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading and developing a high-performing, results-focused recruitment team that works collaboratively across the University to deliver sector-leading recruitment,
- Developing and nurturing senior secondary school relationships, corporate and government agency relationships, and education agency relationships.
- Achieving the University's student recruitment targets for your team and from within your region of responsibility.
- Delivering specific recruitment related projects.
- Creating and implementing strategic marketing and business development plans and business cases.
You should have:
- Years of experience: 6 years and above
- Experience of working to and delivering on targets and business objectives.
- Management experience and the ability to objectively evaluate business and personal performance.
- An understanding of the role and importance of data, with a strong track record of implementing innovative ideas and challenging existing assumptions.
- Experience of delivering projects to time and to budget.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
The following qualifications and competencies are essential
- A first degree in business administration, marketing, marketing communications, public relations, or a related discipline.
- Working knowledge of business development and student recruitment in the higher education sector.
- Proven ability to develop nurture relationships with partner organisations.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic plans.
- Significant working experience in business development, sales & marketing and customer care.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to plan and organise own work, and work to deadlines.
Applicants are to submit curriculum vitae and a statement demonstrating how they meet the criteria. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview, which will be conducted in Lagos, Nigeria.
Qualified persons should please send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) together with a Statement of Support and mention Assistant Vice President - Student Recruitment and Business Development in the subject line.