Peri Nigeria Limited seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Supporting the finance department, accountant, and management team by completing routine clerical and accounting tasks. Maintaining reports, and completing basic bookkeeping and accounting duties for the company.
- Monitoring and reconciling financial documents such as accounts payable and receivable and communicating them with customers;
- Assisting in completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team;
- Assisting with budgets;
- Completing bank reconciliations;
- Entering financial information into appropriate software programs;
- Managing company ledgers;
- Processing business expenses;
- Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies;
- Verifying bank deposits;
- Managing day-to-day transactions;
- Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget;
- Capture petty cash and reconcile records (transaction based, monthly and yearly);
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements;
- Filing and maintaining accounting and financial documents accurately and timeously;
- Posting daily receipts;
- Reporting on debtors and creditors;
- Handling accruals and prepayments and reporting them monthly;
- Encoding accounting entries for data processing;
- Sorting financial documents and posting them to the proper accounts;
- Filing and maintaining customers’ Rental Contracts and respective insurance bonds / bank guarantees;
- Preparing payments of Statutory Deductions (NHF & Pension) and preparing accompanying schedules;
- Accurate and timely preparation of VAT reconciliations and returns in order to avoid penalties and ensuring they meet reasonability checks.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Data Entry; Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Excellent Skills With Microsoft Office; Payroll Experience; Experience in Balance Sheet Account Preparation; Detail Oriented; Organised; Timely; Competent IT Skills; Strong Bookkeeping Skills; Knowledge of Business Math; Understanding of Budgetary Principles; Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills.
- A First Degree in Accounting and 3-years working experience in a Finance or Accounting Department.
- Working Experience in an Auditing and Accounting Firm will be an added advantage.