- The Assistant Academic Manager provides support/assistance to the Academic Manager for the management and delivery of the curriculum
- Assists the academic manager with developing strategies and techniques for assessing and fulfilling the needs of the students in the school.
- Be an exceptional classroom practitioner – able to model a range of effective teaching and assessment skills.
- Assist with the Supervision of the instructional programs of the school.
- Assist with the establishment of procedures for evaluation and selection of instructional materials and equipment.
- Developing and maintain a program of continuous staff training/retraining in support of pupil achievement
- Protect the confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and use discretion in sharing such information within legal confines.
- Guide and collaborate with the staff in the selection, modification and use of instructional materials
- Inspect ALL lesson plans and notes
- Organise and coordinate all processes and documentation required for end-of-key stage procedures.
- Be involved with the staff in developing and maintaining a program of continuous staff training/retraining in support of pupil achievement
- Ensure the school policies with regards to academic work are strictly adhered to. These include the school handwriting policy, reading policy and marking policy among others.
- Assist with the production of half-termly and termly pupil grade and behaviour reports to parents.
- Assist with teacher induction and day to day teacher support
- Assist with the development of the Annual academic calendar
- Assist with teacher observation
- Assist with academic planning
- Assist with teacher’s recruitment processes.
- Maintain pupil records and Individual Learning Plans
- Ensure the use of technology in the teaching-learning process.
- Assist with learning support and Special Education Needs
- Organise staff professional development sessions (staff seminar)
- Order supplies and books and other material for Learning Support.
- Manage specialist teachers and instructional technology staff.
- Provide feedback to teachers on their performance
- Undertake Inspect of pupils textbook, exercise books and workbooks weekly with a view to ensuring standards for written work are met and kept and the marking policy is adhered to.
- Inspect homework/communication books
- Assist with the Organisation and coordination of school open days and open house
- Assist with the coordination of all academic meetings with parents.
- Organise and coordinate entrance examinations or assessment as is necessary
- Coordinate of all school internal and external academic competitions
- Develop and publish all school timetables
- Assist with the development and coordination of the assembly activities and presentations. Maintain the staff roster for that purpose
- Monitor and supervise all elective programs
- Coordinate learning visits
- Assist with Coordination of the summer school programme of activities
- Assist with Inducting and supporting trainee teachers and less experienced staff and/or supply teachers;
- Provide in-class support to staff, through demonstration lessons, team teaching, observation and feedback.
- Assist with the appraisal of teaching staff
- Be able to analyse and interpret data effectively.
- Monitor teacher quality to establish strengths and weaknesses
- Assist with to Identify key professional development needs
- Maintain the organization of library materials
The person must be a seasoned teacher with supervisory experience.
Experience with the British Curriculum is preferred.
The salary is between N70,000 and N80,000.