Transsnet Financial is launching game-changing fintech apps in the Nigerian market to help people transact, save and borrow money. Transsnet is a joint venture between Transsion, the manufacturers of smartphone brands used by over 30% of Africans, including Tecno, Infinix and Itel, and NetEase, one of China’s biggest internet companies.
- In fulfilling his or her responsibilities, The successful Candidate will:
- Develop and implement short and long-term investment strategies, policies and operating procedures.
- Invest and manage all Group and subsidiary assets, undertake periodic portfolio rebalancing to help reduce over-exposure to investment properties.
- Make Group Company/Asset Management profitable as a stand-alone and self-sustaining.
- Develop and implement profitable third-party asset management opportunities.
- Develop and implement collective investment schemes, such as mutual funds.
- Identify and secure suitable sources of long term capital for the Group.
- Manage relationship with investors.
- Monitor operational effectiveness and effect changes required for improvement.
- Assess and effectively manage all the risks associated with business objectives and activities to ensure that these are in alignment with the unit's risk appetite and Risk Management Framework.
- A Bachelors’ degree in Banking and Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or any other relevant discipline.
- Professional certification as a Chartered Financial Analyst.
- Must be a SEC Sponsored Individual
- Professional certification in Accounting is desirable.
- Evidence of formal training in Strategic Asset Management, Business Development, General Management, Financial Analysis or Investment Banking.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ work experience in financial services industry with focus on investment banking, financial markets and asset management, four (4) of which must have been spent at Senior Management level.
- Sound knowledge of financial accounting, information management and the financial services industry.
- Knowledge of the financial industry and investment business and ability to analyze and evaluate asset types, market and industry trends, major issues, and regulatory considerations.
- Knowledge of processes, tools, and techniques used for analyzing market risk; ability to assess and manage investment exposures.
- Knowledge of pricing tools, techniques and methods; ability to assess analytical and pricing models using statistical principles.
- Sound knowledge and experience in asset allocation strategy, currency hedging, alternative investments, multi-assets portfolio construction, active research and portfolio selection experience.
- Sound Knowledge and experience in fixed income portfolio management, rates and inflation markets (cash and derivatives) and active trade.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the global finance market and banking sector.
- Proven track record of successfully managing a company’s securities and other assets.
- Good analytical and managerial skills