Lead a team of up to 8 sales reps to execute the sales and marketing plan for the assigned territory and deliver the monthly and annual sales targets.
1. Deliver the monthly sales targets.
2. Achieve availability of our products in wholesale and retail outlets that is at the same level of our main competitors.
3. Work with our dealers and retailers to activate our products at the point of sale.
4. Identify, create and execute opportunities with dealers/retailers to increase sell-in/sell-out.
5. Supervise, coach and train the team on the job to better sell and merchandize our products.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Provide weekly/monthly sales forecasts for the assigned territory.
2. Execute the sales and marketing plan for the territory as agreed with the Region Sales Manager.
3. Develop strong relationships and close collaboration with all dealers.
4. Monitor dealers’ turnover and stocks on a weekly basis and ensure that our SKUs are available and that the dealers reach their monthly targets.
5. Develop and execute action plans in case the dealer falls behind on his/her monthly target.
6. Identify and recruit new customers, both, in wholesale and retail.
7. Remit all cash collected on behalf of the dealer to the dealer without fail.
8. Raise orders and invoices; confirm dealer’s payment for new orders.
9. Co-ordinate with the Logistics/Warehouse team to ensure that goods are delivered within 24 hours.
10. Manage, control and secure assets (like vans assigned to dealers, POS materials, etc).
11. Ensure the disciplined execution of the SR’s daily/weekly call plan.
12. Keep track of actual calls versus calls scheduled; productive calls versus actual calls made.
13. Ensure that SRs perform daily reconciliation of dealer stocks sold through redistribution.
14. Develop and execute a training plan for the team (together with the Region Sales Manager).
15. Monitor the team’s performance and provide feedback to them on a regular basis.
16. Work together with representatives from the community to enhance our reputation.
17. Work together with the Marketing team to execute and track activities in the territory.
18. Monitor activities of beverage competitors (trade and consumer pricing, promo schemes, new products, etc.)
Education: Minimum HND.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years in Sales; preferably in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods company.
• Building a sales plan for the territory (customer/outlet mapping, call/route plan, volume planning).
• Proficiency in executing “Steps of the Call” and in building strong relationships with customers.
• Information tracking, analysis and preparing for presentation.
• Planning and organizing.
• Exerting personal influence for initiating action steps and execution of a plan.
• Decision-making and demonstrating self-confidence.
• Strong customer focus and negotiating skills.