JOX is a provider of technology product and services to various organizations. We provide end-to-end IT
services to help organizations deliver business outcomes through the power of digital technologies and solutions.
The purpose of this job is to provide on-going technical and operational support to our clients (education institutions) regarding all functions and usage of our SIS application. We are looking for a tech-savvy professional who is quick to learn and operate a new application and communicate technical issues in a simple, basic way for customers and staff members.
- Understand user needs and ensure they are using the SIS application effectively.
- Create training materials and gives verbal training instructions to customers and other staff members, advising them on the best ways to use the SIS application to meet their desired goals and complete tasks.
- Act as liaison between end-users (School Administrators, Teachers, Parents and Students) and JOX technical groups (such as the Help Desk, maintenance support providers and other services groups) in order to resolve application problems and ensure the smooth operation of the SIS
- Monitor SIS application, identifying and resolving problems in order to prevent negative impacts for end users.
- Notify the Manager of any potential problems that could lead to a reduction or delay of services to customers.
- Plan and prioritize assigned tasks, completing them by the agreed upon completion dates.
- Provide weekly status reports as to the completeness of all tasks.
- Identify and recommend potential improvements to software applications to better satisfy
- client needs and the utilization of the SIS application.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas clearly in writing
- or over the phone.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to deal professionally with people in a tactful and
- respectful manner, and to maintain effective working relationships with customers
- Ability to comprehend, explain and follow complex guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills and able to think “outside the box” for creative solutions
- Resourceful - able to find answers to problems using limited resources including ability to share
- knowledge and skills with others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with expert knowledge of Excel and Word
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting PC, Android and iOS devices.
- Preferences may be given to candidates with the following:
- Computer or IT related experience/degree/certificate
- Working knowledge/experience in the education industry (school operations and administrative tasks).
- Experience with SQL/Oracle