Arca Payments Company Limited - ARCA was founded in 2016, with a clear vision to become Africa's premier payment services platform, fostering Financial inclusion and innovation & actively shaping the future of Financial Services, throughout the region.
- Full stack developer handling both design (UI/UX) and code development for applications for devices powered by the Android operating system.
- The position will be charged but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Design and build advanced applications for Android platform
- Manage the full technical life-cycle of Android applications during each development phase.
- Document and maintain design specifications, source code, and archives for new applications and ideas.
- Work with product managers, clients, and sales teams to assess customer demand and usability of new applications.
- Perform individual project components within the entire development lifecycle including implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Work from UI/UX requirements, APIs, mockups to build functional, high-performance Android phone and tablet apps.
- Diagnose performance issues, fix bugs to increase the functionality of new applications.
- Understand the nuances of fragments and Android XML layouts, and how to create adaptive interfaces that work for multiple device form factors
- Obtain buy-in from leadership to secure resources for app development.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer/System/ Electrical/ Electronic Engineering/ Applied Physics/ Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Related work experience
- Proven software development experience and Android skills development
- Proven working experience in Android app development and
- Have published at least one original Android app
- Experience in Android Studio
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON, third-party libraries and APIs
- Understand Android UI/UX design
- Solid understanding of full mobile development lifecycle with an agile development framework
- Excellent documentation skills and use of collaboration tools.
- Understanding of Agile development methodology
- Experience in the payment/ finance industry
- We make it a point to review all application received and contact those we want to speak to further within 10 calendar days.
- With that in mind, if we are interested in a further discussion, you will hear from us again within 10 calendar days from the date of your application submission.
- Compensation and benefits are highly attractive and competitive.