- To experiment and plan studies to improve crop yields and production in order to discern the best way to plant, harvest and cultivate the plant regardless of the climate. And also to develop methods to control weeds and pests to keep crops diseases free.
- Develop and optimize planting, cultivation, harvesting and storage methods
- Experiments and plan studies to improve crop yields.
- Develop methods to control weeds and pests to keep crops disease-free.
- Work scientifically to produce the finest crops, on the most consistent basis and in any situation.
- Schedule crop rotation program and hybrid/varietal selection
- Prepare detailed computerized reports and permanent record-keeping on crop growth, yield, fertilizer app and other agronomical practices.
- Soil moisture status monitoring.
- Regular field, Nursery and Greenhouse checks.
- Provide timely agronomic information to the field sales to support the sales effort
- Develop innovative research-based techniques in agronomist functions and programs.
- Create strategies in strengthening crop production, budgeting, planning and management.
- Study, assess and evaluate soil chemistry and soil testing check for EC and pH values, microbes, soil constituents and the nutrients level.
- Analyze soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
- Weather forecasting.
- Equipment Calibration
- Irrigation and chemical fertilizer scheduling (Irrigation and fertigation).
- Initiate newer techniques in soil management processes.
- Study and evaluate plants, their biological aspects and their growth behaviour.
- Conduct research on latest trends in crop and soil management.
- Develop ways to make crops more pest-resistant.
- Develop and implement quality initiatives in agronomist programs.
- Attending to other responsibilities as required.
- B.Sc in Agriculture Science or any other related field.
- Proven 3 years of working experience as an Agronomist.
- Thorough knowledge of Organic Vegetable Farming
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Structured & analytical.
- Good Time management skills.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills.
- Good communicator.
- Managing a minimum of 100 hectares of land