The Executive Secretariat of LCBC is seeking to recruit an AGROPASTORALISM EXPERT. The appointed candidate will be required to carry out the following:
- Collect data (together with appropriate GIS reference information) and preparation of yearly reports on:
- Agricultural and animal productions;
- Crop types, areas under cultivation and yield;
- Irrigation areas and water consumption;
- Provide the secretariat for Transnational Expert Working Groups on agriculture and livestock;
- Co-operate with Ecosystem and Water Resource Experts to prepare integrated reports for LCBC on the status of Lake Chad Basin in conjunction with the IWRM Planning and Strategy Expert;
- Work closely with national authorities to collect and analyse required data;
- Develop recommendations for future activities relevant to the LCBC SAP and IWRM plans;
- Provide leadership and guidance for following functions reporting to the position:
- Ensure that a relevant performance measurement is defined, agreed upon and implemented by all functions in the area of responsibility of the position;
- Arrange for succession planning for own position and critical functions reporting to the position;
- Perform other duties, as assigned by LCBC Reporting Line: Head of Division, Natural Resources Management.
Education and Competencies
- Masters' Degree in Rural Engineering.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant professional experience in rural works, such as: productive developments, and structuring village infrastructures.
- Proven experience in supervising the construction and/or restoration of rural infrastructures (fish ponds, irrigated areas, agroforestry pastoral systems, etc.).
- Working knowledge of the participatory approach;
- Good working knowledge of IT.
- Good knowledge of project management and the Lake Chad Basin region would be desirable.
- Experience in the field of environmental protection and preservation, transhumance management.
- Language: Fluency in English and/or French.
- Age limit: 50 years as at 1st January 2019.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.