Studies, Design, Supervision &Commissioning of Agric Infrastructures (irrigation canal, drainage, and flood- and water-control systems.
He/she must have B.Sc, Agric Engineering.
He/She must possess 5 - 10 year work experience with 5 years in designing Agric Infrastructures and preferably for donor funded projects, (AfDB, WORLDBANK, JICA, USAID, UKAID, and DFID) and in oversight of their implementation/ compliance. He/ She should be conversant with relevant national and state environmental laws. He/ she must have at least 3 years’ experience in similar projects.
- Assist with designs using computer-aided design (CAD) technology
- Design and evaluate equipment used for ground preparation, seeding, spraying, harvesting, and transporting agricultural goods.
- Discuss plans with clients, contractors, consultants, and other engineers so that the plans can be evaluated and any necessary changes made
- Ensure design is consistent with local codes and all required permits obtained.
- Analyze, prepare and present technical reports, meet with clients, and communicate technical concepts to colleagues and clients with non-technical backgrounds.
- Conduct research for the design of innovative new structures and systems.
- Researching and collecting background information and consulting with other engineers and professionals
- Conduct research to develop new technologies and management practices for food production that protect environmental resources.
- All other job functions as may be assigned from time to time.