The ASC advisor will therefore serve as key liaison with target state communities (the political leadership, SWB employees and consumers), facilitating the process of establishing and implementing priority development projects to promote cohesion and resilience at the local level. Strengthen capacity of local officials to engage with citizens, include them in participatory planning processes, and incorporate their priorities into planning documents. Facilitate citizen participation in collaborative decision making, management, and monitoring related to service delivery. Support CSOs to access and effectively utilize the Civil Society Engagement Fund to improve social accountability, monitoring, and sanitation/hygiene promotion for improved access to and quality of WASH services. Support technical monitoring of grants.
Facilitate the development of a strategy focusing on gender and pro-poor transformational approaches and support the implementation of activities to increase CSO and other stakeholder participation in utility reform processes (tariff adjustments, service delivery monitoring) to support sustainability of project efforts.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least a master’s degree in communications, media studies, journalism, development or such related fields.
- A minimum of master’s degree and 6 years of experience or Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of experience post qualification experience in any of the above areas
- Experience in designing communication strategies for reforms -in any sector.
- Proven experience in working for or with civil society to drive a reform agenda
- Experience in designing social accountability tools, mobilizing the key stakeholders including media, the political leadership and consumers to support reforms
- Experience in mobilizing high political level buy into reforms or transformation, gathering high level buy in for reforms.
- Expertise in training and capacity building and/or customer satisfaction and engagement.
- Knowledge and experience in designing gender-inclusive development programs.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.