MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
- Query and verify all General Ledger balances relating to bank accounts, performing first review and recommendation of bank proposals before further review by Treasury Manager.
- Collate daily bank indicative quotes for investment placements to aid investment decisions made by Treasury, ensuring that escalated compliance issues and complaints relating to the banking SLAs are followed up.
- Collate and analyse data on cash movements, exchange rate movements, bank charges, interest rates, lending rates and placements, ensuring that payments, repayments, interest payments and underwriting fees are effected as per mandate
- Monitor cash sweeps from the various sub accounts to main accounts plus other transfers, liaising with MTNN banks on immediate service issues.
- Implement tools for corporate cash management, evaluating banks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Collate information on economic conditions, the financial climate and changes in corporate requirements, carrying out ratio analysis on banks and data on risk ratings and exposure limits.
- Prepare management reports on market, competitor and general intelligence that impact the business, maintaining Treasury records and audit trail in strict compliance to MTNN policies and procedures.
- Monitor all contracts binding MTNN with relation to the MTNN funding.
- Conduct research and compile data and benchmarking for Treasury
- Assist in implementing new business processes within all the MTNN Treasury functions
- Implement systems for the efficient administration of Treasury
- Provide support to the business units requiring assistance in Treasury matters, implementing Treasury policies, processes, and procedures.
- Interface with Finance Team to generate better performance and effective use of working capital
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office.
Requirements, Experience & Training Education
- First degree in Accounting, Economics or any other related discipline
- Fluent in English
- Part qualification/membership in a professional accounting association (ACA, ACCA, ACMA)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in financial environment in Treasury, Banking or in FMCG environment.
- Familiarity with good accounting practices and the Nigerian policy environment.
- Extensive bank reconciliation experience
- Up-to-date knowledge of the money and capital markets.
- Treasury Management and Financial Modelling
- Understanding of IFRS
- Microsoft Office products.