GIZ. Working together for change
The Controller performs the following tasks:
Advisor Finance Co-Financed programs
In order to improve the management and to ensure the quality of implementation and auditing, the Co-Financed programs should be supported by:
- Advice on all financial and administrative issues
- Streamlining of processes and procedures
- Development of a standardized structure and auditing
As Advisor you are involved in the proper financial and administrative management of the Co-Financed programs in Nigeria.
In particular, your range of tasks includes the following activities:
- Assistance on the financial and administrative preparation and implementation of the programs
- Quality assurance of financial auditing towards the commissioning partners
- Development of standardized procedures and guidelines for implementation and auditing of Co-Financed programs (cost control structure, settlement structure, manual, etc.)
- Ensuring the regularity of financial implementation of the programs
- Organization and steering of external audits
- Qualification of employees in Co-Financed relevant questions
- Financial motoring and processing of all appraisers and consulting firms contracts
- Financial motoring and processing of all Financing agreement contracts
- Financial motoring and processing of all Local subsidy contracts
- Financial motoring and processing of all service contracts
- (Cleaning services, Internet services, rents)
- Financial motoring and processing of all frame work contracts.
- SAP invoice check (Cosoft & Prosoft)
- Processing of travel claims (local & international trips).
- Responsible for the filing of Cosoft and Prosoft contracts in accordance with GIZ rules
- Carries out internal controls in accordance with GIZ’s internal controlling manual
- Checks the vouchers and receipts submitted by the projects/programmes for completeness and correctness,allocation to cost units and categories where necessary
- Advises on financial quality aspects of projects
Proper filing of payment and posting vouchers into payroll.
Monitoring of all open items
Monitors real accounts (payables, receivables) and reports regularly to the Head of Administration.
- MBA in Accounting, Business Administration or Economics.
- Professional Experience
- Professional experience at least 5 years in a comparable
- position preferable within the EU organisation.
- Must have expertise on co-financings.
- Very good knowledge EU procedures (regulations and
- procedures, financial management and administration)
- Competence in financial management and financial monitoring
- of programs / projects
- Experiences in consulting programs
- In-depth knowledge of accounting software
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related
- software, phone, email, the internet) and computer
- Confidential handling of data and information
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
- Good communication skill.
You are kindly requested to submit your CV and letter of motivation as one document with complete contact details via email to:
(Please include vacancy no.086 in mail subject)