- The Consultant Cardiologist will be expected to carry out, but will not be restricted to, the following duties:
- Provide treatment to patients with cardiovascular problems
- Constantly update self with developments in the field and train Medical Officers on said developments
- Maintain detailed reports on each patient and also reports on their progress
- Consult with patients and coordinate with any other specialists they might be seeing
- Attend and participate in patient care reports, patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities only to the extent that such attendance and participation is relative to his/her assigned cases and/or performance of services.
- Perform echocardiography and interpret Electrocardiography reports.
- Determine the fitness of cardiovascular patients for surgery
- Participate in the procurement and installation process of the Cathlab and other cardiology equipment that might be procured in the near future.
- Develop an inclusive plan with hospital management for expansion activities.
- Certification by WACP or equivalent body.
- Candidates must be resident in Abuja or show evidence that they are familiar with Abuja environment.
Method of Application
The following documents should be submitted
- A letter of application for the job
- Scanned copies of certificates
- Scanned passport-sized photograph of the candidate.
- The subject of the e-mail should be the position being applied for. Applications should be submitted not later than 2 weeks from the date of this publication. Only applications which follow the above steps, strictly, will be considered.
- Negotiable but very competitive and comparable to the Federal Government Salary Structure. In addition, there will be a 3- or 4-bedroom accommodation for all Consultants. Only those interested in a long-term relationship will be considered.
- Please ensure your Jobberman profile is 100% complete before applying for this job. Candidates with incomplete profiles have a much lower chance of having their applications viewed.