GigaLayer is empowering businesses and individuals with tools and services to support their online presence. We are doing this by building a foundation of incredible technology & design in the hosting industry and most importantly we are just getting started.
We are consistently faced with the unexpected. That’s why we have never been afraid to reinvent ourselves, and embraces change. Our success is the result of our talented employees taking big risks. What has stayed the same for the last 4 years, is our dedication to outstanding customer service and the values on which GigaLayer was built: trust, security, integrity, quality, respect and commitment to service.
About the position:
We are looking for an outstanding Developer to be responsible for coding and building our internal applications and web services. You will be working with databases, php applications, git and frameworks like larval etc.
You should be able to write clean code and ensure your programs run properly. We also expect you to be be passionate about building software and perform well working in a team, along with other developers and web designers.
- Produce well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Build basic layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Utilize data from various back-end services and databases
- Collect and review specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Prepare and maintain software documentation
- Maintain, expand, and scale our applications as assigned
- Keep up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Working experience building and using APIs internally and externally.
- 2 years or more experience of working as a Web Developer or Web Programmer
- Good experience with relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Professional knowledge of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Excellent knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- Experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimisation process
- Strong problem-solving skills with a creative approach
- Strong organizational skills with a good ability to prioritize tasks
- Good ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- BS in computer science or other related areas