A reputable is looking for modern professionals and very serious ambitious individuals to fill the above positions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance with company policies
- Supervise administrative staff and divide responsibilities to ensure performance
- Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for the upper management
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary
- Supervision of operation
- To plan, organize, and administer the activities of his/her department, office, or division efficiently.
- To keep informed of new developments relating to his/her function and to maintain a creative and experimental attitude toward change, in order to continuously improve the operation of his/her area of responsibility.
- To recommend the organizational structure and staffing that complement his/her area of responsibility.
- To interview and recommend to the Management personnel for hire when required.
- To establish and maintain an organizational climate that encourages the development, retention, and a high level of morale among personnel.
- Keep his/her immediate supervisor informed of activities of the unit, particularly of major or unusual developments, and seeking his/her advice and counsel.
- To promote an integrated effort in the administration of the School by cooperating with other administrators and staff and coordinating his/her activities with theirs when such action is indicated.
- To implement, interpret and work with EMTI’s policies and programs accurately and constructively.
- To recommend the budget for his/her department, office, or division and, within limitations established by the board or Management, to administer his/her budget.
- To represent EMTI and attend professional meetings as authorized by his/her immediate supervisor/ Manager.
- To provide information and reports to the board at the request of the Management.
- To implement a plan to supervise students attending courses during the day, in the evening or weekend.
- To perform any other duties assigned or delegated by his/her immediate supervisor.
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and office management software.
- Secretarial studies will be an advantage
- Advanced Training in office administration or relevant field is preferred
- Ensure all procedures and processes are up to date
- Ensure staffs use all documented procedures, handbooks, and processes as written.
- Ensure systems are working in all departments. Report non-working systems for immediate review. Report staffs that do not understand systems.
- Ensure staffs do not attempt to create any systems without confirming with management.
- Ensure duties are done properly and efficiently. i.e. Risk assessments, cleaning, admin duties, logs, all duties of all departments.
- Ensure staff training and exercises are carried and logged (records)
- Ensure we have a positive can-do attitude in all situations
- Ensure we report lack of improvement
- Ensure you work with a plan at all time. (plan your routine and keep the level of consistency required)
- Study and check the tasks sheet every day.
- Ensure all staff enters into concrete routines.
- Prepare for the main roles, Send task, prepare for the other routine tasks and duties. Be a link between departments and admin.
- Ensure that all the admin are updated with ALL information that is relayed to admin (unless it is deemed personal)
- Ensure petty cash remains petty cash not project money. Unless stated.
- Ensure financial request is sent in the right format
- Ensure funds are not misused
- Ensure logs are up to date and accurate (matches up)
- Ensure total honesty when handling finances
- Check and update the tasks sheet into an organised document
- Ensure people stick to their plan or inform of changes in good time
- Ensure tasks are sent in by 5 pm every day.
- Ensure updates are sent with position and tasks
- Update movements
- Ensure all tasks and priority tasks are planned
- Ensure management is aware of all tasks and has approved priority tasks:Documentation, Privacy, and data:
- Ensure NO staff accesses data
- Ensure we do not request, obtain or use any student’s data directly at the site
- Ensure staffs do not discuss personal issues or financial issues with one another
- Ensure we store data as written in our handbook and procedures
- Ensure we enter the correct information when we are handling documents. Including forms, postage, and figures.
- Ensure we report ANY attempts by guests and users of EMTI to misuse data. Attempts to call our staff, requesting information or harassment of our staff is strictly prohibited and must be reported.
- Write reports on students, contractors and service users based on behaviour and incidents.
Calls and phones:
- Handling calls as appointed by Management
- All admin can handle the tablet.
- MGMT will give instructions if we need others to take calls or use the admin phone.
- Our phones and tablet are directly for office use only. Ensure it stays that way.
- Ensure you and staff communicate and work as a team
- Ensure you are open and honest
- Ensure others opinion does not affect your work or morale
- Ensure you do not bring personal issues into work (Good efficient communication must be consistent)
- Ensure you relay information in good time
- Ensure you make notes and use a checklist to help you remember all
- Ensure you support all departments and individuals to keep communication effective.
- Report issues with communication immediately.
- Ensure you keep professional when discussing or writing to the management office or team.
- -You need to work with an email on a daily basis. Send professional emails to the mgmt office.
We expect you to be:
- Dedicated and committed to your role
- Be detailed oriented.
- Work to the highest standard (learn and understand the meaning of highest standard) Consistency is where it begins.
- Be extremely positive in all aspect of work
- Be a professional (know the do and don’ts of someone in your position)
- Be open and transparent with your team and especially management
- Set an example by doing exactly what is required by your management at all times. Stick to the procedures and use your initiative to request adjustments or updates if necessary Work on your development and measure your performance while keeping the owners updated. Respect your management team and demonstrate the level of maturity needed to work with and alongside them. (We must see who can work alongside the owners)
- Do your best and become part of a dynamic team and let us know about any challenges you face or that is hindering your progress. (including if you have other commitments or distractions away from work).
Salary: 100 thousand naira