Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
- The Administrative & Finance Assistant’s overall responsibility is to ensure that the day to day running of the office administration is conducted in an efficient and cost effective manner while keeping in mind legal considerations and donor requirements where necessary.
- Also acting as focal person on all financial issues related to the Damaturu office, cash and treasury management, and General Ledger.
- Ensure correct use of office equipment, servicing, repairs and ensure controls are maintained
- Organizing supplies needed for the events such as trainings, workshops, seminars, meetings etc. (stationary, refreshments, lunch, etc.)
- Ensure administrative policies and procedures are followed.
- Provide back-up support to the program support staff in general office work
- Maintain petty cash operation and ensure internal controls and petty cash policy are followed adequately.
- Keep record of stationary usage for monthly orders (photocopy paper, flipchart paper, stationary for workshops and for the office)
- Type documents and input data as required
- Photocopy and bind documents as required
- Record all accruals in the GL module of PeopleSoft.
- Ensure all adjustments are recorded in the system on time.
- Petty cash uploads are properly recorded in the system with the correct charging details.
- Month end entries are done timely.
- Perform all treasury management duties in the sub office
- Record all deposits received in the sub office timely.
- Manage the sub office cash to maximize gains and minimize losses
- Participate in the internal control and review of the sub office books and accounts:
- Prepare monthly sub ledgers for balance sheet account and prepare appropriate correction.
- Review Travel Expense Reports (TERs) of staff and other project advances before they are posted in the system.
- Assist Logistics Officer to reconcile the sub office Inventories with the asset account
- Ensure timely preparation of month end and other reports
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of First Degree in Business Administration, Finance & Accounting or equivalent experience or a combination of education and work experience
- Familiarity with basic finance or accounting practices will be an added advantage
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the CARE’s values and ethical standards
- Good understanding of CARE business, operational environment and its program participants and donors
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to remain calm, in control and good humor even under pressure
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook (or similar software); Good knowledge of Administrative systems, practice, policies and procedures.
- Fluency in English and Hausa is required.
- Familiar with donor rules and regulations (EU, USAID, ECHO, CIDA etc.)
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Strong level of initiative to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
- Ability to demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Ability to promote integrity and business ethics; demonstrate mature judgment, trust and open communication.
- Ability to ensure effective team work, collaborative behavior and build team spirit
- Ability to develop collaborative and harmonious relationship with external partners and clients at the senior level.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications and systems
- Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization.
- Excellent analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without supervision
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines.
By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Indicate clearly in the subject line of the email the position you are applying for and the location (in Caps)
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.