Key Roles & Responsibilities
· Prepare, update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable), both manually and into the computer system using defined software programs like PEACHTREE or SAGE accounting software. Strong COMPUTER LITERACY(Microsoft Office Suite- EXCEL and WORD)is required
· Reconcile accounts and bank statements and ensuring in-depth investigation of errors and notifying the Finance coordinator for their prompt resolution.
· Record all incoming checks
· Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors, and clients.
· Assist in preparing budgets and forecasts.
· Prepare tax computations and returns.
· Filing of PAYE and VAT returns as at when due.
· Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process.
· Vet requisitions and cross-check approvals for disbursement.
· Handle all correspondence relating to Blue Orchids accounts department (both incoming & outgoing).
· Monitor and maintain bank relations.
· Maintain the Asset Register.
· Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
· Prepare weekly cash position for management for the head office and all programs in a cash/bank book designed for the purpose
· Prepare weekly bank account balances and disseminate to relevant stakeholders
· Prepare weekly income and expenditure reports for MD
· Manage imprest account
· Handle the payment vouchers and ensure approvals before disbursement.
· Monitor programs to ensure that they have adequate cash available for operations.
· Protects organisation's value by keeping information confidential.
· Assist with the completion of necessary reports as requested.
· Any other duties as assigned by the MD