- Manage the flow of correspondence into the company and the reconciliation of accounts and documentation.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Review accounting entries and posting into the company accounting system with accurate figures and proper classification and coding.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
- Coordinate monthly/annual budgeting and forecasting.
- Liaise with bankers, account officers and company clients on accounts.
- Prepare detailed journal entries and account analyses.
- Manages and executes all statutory tax-related issues with the government (WHT, VAT, EDT, PAYE, etc)
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
- Maintains financial records by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
- Prepare project feasibility reports and analyse business development opportunities.
- Perform all other duties that will enhance profitability, productivity and going concern status of the company.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the Oil and Gas service industry or related industry.
- Must possess ACCA/ACA/ICAN