The African Talent Company seeks qualified candidates to fill this role for one of its clients in the Finance sector in Nigeria
Reporting Line: CFO
Location: Ikoyi – Lagos
Direct Reports: Account Officer, Cashier
- Prepare monies for disbursement to and from the bank
- Perform cashier duties related to petty cash and vendor payments
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal control.
- Prepares payment by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional, publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Preparing accounts and tax returns, PAYE, LIRS, FIRS etc.
- Administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure.
- Analyzing accounts and business plans
- Providing tax planning services with reference to current legislation.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- Daily preparation of payment to vendors/staffs.
- Oversee daily voucher posting by the Accounts Officer
- Co-ordinate required support levels and training.
Key Performance Indicator
The incumbent must demonstrate:
Reports Creation and Analysis
Customer Service Skills
Excellent use of MS Office Suite
Knowledge of Financial Systems /
Education & Skills Required
Minimum Education Required Bachelor in Financial Management /
Membership / Certification of a professional financial body is an added advantage. (ACCA, Chartered Institute of Bankers, CIFCN, ICAN)
Master’s in financial management is an advantage
Minimum Years of Experience Required 5 Years in similar position