Terra Energy Services Nigeria Limited is an indigenous Engineering and Oil and Gas Service Company incorporated in Nigeria in 2001 with expertise in providing full-service integrated solutions to clients across the entire oil and gas value chain. We currently operate from our offices in Lagos and Port-Harcourt and aspire to become the leading provider of quality Oil and Gas Engineering Services in West Africa. At Terra Energy Services, we maintain a policy of creating a conducive environment for the attraction of the best qualified and motivated staff for performance enhancement.
- The position exists to assist management ensure adequate levels of liquidity and working capital is maintained.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform periodic management accounting and reporting activities to include: monthly profit & loss and cash flow positions, etc.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries for General Ledger accounts; assists with maintenance of internal controls and process documentation
- Perform period-close activities, including reviewing and assessing journal entries, accruals, reconciliations and allocations
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting including consolidation, review, analysis and detailed reporting
- Maintain cash inflow/outflow reconciliation and reporting, including bank reconciliation
- Analyze financial information to summarize and interpret current-projected financial position for management and decision making (manage and monitor business financial performance and KPI’s)
- Manage relationships with key financial and regulatory representatives
- Alert management of situations that may materially affect the company’s overall financial condition
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in finance or accounting for a structured organization (previous oil & gas experience is compulsory)
- A certified member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)/ACCA.
- Knowledge of applicable accounting and financial reporting rules, regulations and requirements
- Strong analytical skills - understanding of revenue - cost structures and translate data to clear analytics
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel and PowerPoint); experience with financial modeling a plus.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Accuracy of transaction processing (posting of entries etc.)
- Accuracy of accounting schedules prepared
- Quality and timeliness of accounting reports produced
- Level of adherence to regulatory/statutory reporting guidelines and timelines
- Quality and ease of retrieval of financial information/documents and reports
- Compliance with statutory reporting standards.
- Work is primarily done in a business/office environment
- Limited travel.