Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from four-year college or university; Master’s degree preferred with
- concentration in business or administration with accounting major or minor and coursework in financial
- analysis and auditing.
- Five years of professional accounting experience with at least two of those years at the management level or equivalent a hospitality operation.
- Experience supervising a staff/team of accountants and bookkeepers.
- Experience overseeing information technology operation preferred.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Consistently monitors cash flows.
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts for all bookkeeping, payroll, budgets, statistical analysis and probability statements.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
- procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to analyze investment returns.
- Knowledge and understanding of retirement plans and benefits.
- Knowledge of pertinent federal and state employment laws and practices.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situation.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
- Direct the financial operations of the club. Supervise the accounting functions and directly assist the General Manager on all strategic matters relating to budget management, cost-benefit analysis, forecasting needs and internal control.
- Develop policies to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, taxes and related activities and records; develop, establish and administer procedures and systems pertaining to financial matters.
- Prepare financial statements, forecasts and analyses for all administrative and managerial functions. Maintain all accounting records; develop, analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information.
- Evaluate operating results for costs, revenues,
- budgets, policies of operation, trends and increased profit possibilities. Serve as liaison to finance, insurance and pension committees. Supervise the staffing, scheduling, training and professional development of department members.
- Formulates, receives and recommends policy proposals relating to accounting and auditing, the budget, revenue and cost control procedures, preparation and payment of payrolls, tax matters, compilation of statistics and office methods and procedures.
- Directs or prepares the monthly trial balance and resulting financial statements for the lounge, including the income statement, balance sheet and statement of changes in financial condition, along with required supporting schedules and other data necessary for financial reports and records.
- Manages and conducts internal auditing programs to help assure that records are accurately maintained and that established policies and practices are satisfactorily and consistently followed.
- Prepares operating budgets and financial forecasts in coordination with the various committees,
- departments and general manager; analyzes financial information, monitors budgeted versus actual
- expenditures and advises management about variances and their potential causes; recommends corrective actions to help assure that budget goals are met.
- Works with the lounge’s external auditors to assure that procedures are consistent with lounge policies.
- Prepares and verifies reports made to agencies and trade and professional organizations for which
- dissemination is consistent with lounge policies.
- Directs, may participate in and verifies the taking of inventories for beverages, food, supplies, equipment, furnishings and other lounge assets.
- Verifies that all insurance records for lounge property are properly maintained.
- Reconciles monthly ledgers including receivables, payables, bank and other asset accounts, and wage accounts.
- Informs and advises other department heads about the financial aspects of their responsibilities.
- Prepares or supervises preparation of applicable federal, state and local tax returns.
- Prepares accounting reports as necessary and appropriate for dissemination to the board of directors, executive managers and other lounge committees.
- Monitors to assure that procedures for effective receiving and storeroom control are in place and consistently used.
- Selects, trains, supervises, schedules and evaluates accounting staff.
- Attends monthly board, finance committee and other meetings as required.
- Oversees member billing and collection procedures.
- Compiles, approves and maintains credit applications for vendors.
- Negotiates and administers employee benefits including health benefit, pension plans and
- workers’ compensation; gathers information and assists the general manager in making decisions about
- employee benefit plans.
- Maintains fixed asset ledgers and prepares depreciation schedules for monthly entries.
- Manages assigned projects as they relate to the department and lounge’s needs.
- Audits members and guests’ charges; checks cash sheets to assure that all receipts for member’s accounts have been posted.
- Audits all cash and charge expenditures.
- Safeguards all funds in bank accounts; assures that revenues are properly and correctly deposited and supervises the drawing of all checks.
- Establishes and maintains tournament accounting records and financial statements.
- Maintains investment program; invests all excess funds on a timely basis to provide better cash flow.
- Monitors collection of past due accounts, advises general manager and board when difficult situations may arise.
- Plans professional development and training activities for staff.
- Manages the issuing of loyalty membership certificates, recovers certificates from terminating members and conveys to new members; cancels and redeems certificates and makes appropriate collections and refunds.
- Interacts with the lounge’s external accounting firm and its auditors as necessary.
- Monitors accounts receivable and takes action according to established lounge policies and procedures.
- Prepares a full report of the year’s financial operations for presentation at the annual meeting.
- Works with the general manager and department heads to plan and manage capital budgets and cash flow statements.
- Manages, reviews, suggests and monitors changes in the automated financial management and accounting system.
- Reconciles bank statements.
- Maintains necessary procedures for confidentiality relating to lounge and employee issues.
- Negotiates and acquires property and casualty insurance to protect the lounge’s assets.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, stand and lift up to 40kg.
Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
Moderate noise level in the work environment.
The hospitality business functions seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with BLVD Lounge and Bar rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of facilities. Employees who violate rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action by Law, up to and including termination of employment. This job description is not intended to detail every aspect of your job or list every task you may perform. It is provided as a general overview of the responsibilities and skills required to do this job successfully.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your CV with a cover letter using the job position as subject.