- Account reconciliation
- Tracing of direct lodgment into the bank accounts and reconciliation with invoices and receipts raised.
- Preparation of payment vouchers in a manner that ensures that transaction classifications are in appropriate heads
- Assist various departments in detailing or resolving any accounting issues or queries.
- Perform accounting analysis for cash accruals, account payables, account receivables, reconciliations and foreign exchange.
- Assist in preparation of tax schedules and filing activities.
- Prepare cash flow statements and resolve outstanding balancing issues.
- Review financial reports to identify and explain variances.
- Perform the end of the month account closing activities.
- Adhere to standard accounting principles and company procedures.
- Any other ad hoc duties as prescribed by the Accountant to assist in achieving Finance & Accounts
- Liaise with the bank on bank balances and review statement of accounts
- Prepare annual accounts for auditing
- Reconcile procurement business accounts
- Prepare staff salaries
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum of HND in Accounting, Finance or a related course
- Minimum of three years of work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Location: Lagos (Mainland and Island)
- N100, 000 (Net pay)