An eye care center with branches in Ajah, Amuwo odofin, Victoria Island and Lekki, is seeking for qualified candidate to fill in this role
- Visit branches regularly for manual stock taking of all products sent via mail
- Balancing patient accounts and taking payments for services rendered,
- Reviewing bills and claims for accurate information and ensuring submission of health care bills are met before deadline,
- Attend health care providers forum meeting and ensure all information are received by all the branches
- Checking through the statement of accounts on a monthly basis and reconcile all necessary adjustment with health insurance payment
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Entering data into the company’s database,
- Handling incoming and outgoing email and physical mail relating account.
- Maintaining and protecting employee payrolls,
- Maintaining all staff and patient files in the company’s database,
- Preparing billing reports and other documents to provide to state or federal government agencies as needed,
- Identifying and resolving problems and inaccuracies in date entries, and
- Extensively interacting with patients, physicians, policy representatives, and other people as necessary to collect payments.
- Management of petty cash transactions.
- Controlling credit and ensuring debtors pay on time.
- To ensure the company is financially stable and compliant with all applicable tax and finance laws.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents
At least 1-year experience as an accountant or in similar position