A young, honest, hardworking company offering expert services in Integrated Construction, MEP and Logistics to Customers around the country requires a pro-active and dynamic accountant to join our team in ensuring total customer satisfaction.
Job Location: Festac / Ikoyi
About the Role:
Accountant will be responsible for accounting, finance, and overall financial administration for the company and ensure compliance with statutory regulatory requirements with the objective of providing professional accountancy services consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of statutory accounts.
- Preparation of financial reports.
- Payroll Management.
- Perform regular accounting activities including bank and cash account reconciliations,
- Prepare periodic reports on budget and cash situation to assist Management in decision making.
- Analyse and report on financial status including income statements, Perform budget preparation and analysis.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Carry out any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed.
- WHT & VAT Reconciliation.
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly/Quarterly/Annual reports
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher qualification in Administration (Accounting/Finance option)
- Knowledge of QuickBooks / Xero or any similar software.
- Professional Qualifications with ICAN/ACA/ACCA/CIMA will be an advantage
- Understanding of Trust Accounts
- Minimum of 5 -years general accounting experience with at least 2 years’ cumulative experience in an Audit/Accounting firm.
- Audit and taxation experience preferably from Big 4 will be an added advantage
- Excellent organizing abilities and attention to details
- Strong financial and analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Ability to develop checking strategies
- Strong sense of deadlines and time management
- Good communication skills and adaptability
- Aptitude to learn and strong analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills with good decision making