A reputable organisation seeks to fill the above position with suitable and qualified persons.
- This role will suit an experienced qualified accountant who can work with very minimal supervision. The individual will have responsibility for the day to day financial operations, preparing financial and management accounts, budgets and forecasts and will have significant involvement in financial planning, analysis and review of activities/Projects undertaken. The role will work closely with the heads of units/frontline teams.
- Preparing timely managements and financial accounts and accurate preparation of monthly management accounts and monthly financial forecasts.
- Undertaking all day to day financial transactions and credit control functions.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for the business units.
- Preparation of consolidated group financial statements and all year end work.
- Preparing yearly budgets and undertaking quarterly reviews thereof.
- Upgrading financial processes and systems
- Handling of the yearend audit
- Financial forecasts and analysis for each potential project/Request for proposals/investments
- Close liaison with the MD to resolve all issues
- Responsible for cash planning monitoring and control
- Any other duties as directed by management
Required qualifications, experience and skills
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CNA, ACCA, CIMA, )
- Minimum 2 years post-qualification cognate experience in similar field.
- Highly numeric/strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced level spreadsheet skills and very good PC literacy
- Strong accounting and book-keeping skills
- Confident communication skills and strong report writing skills
- Drive to continually improve processes and see new challenges
- Ability to work well under pressure, working accurately with attention to details and meeting deadlines
- Some weekends and late working will be required