Sticks & Stones is a construction firm and they are in need of a suitable candidate for this position
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping terminology and practices.
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and database software.
- Knowledge of general record keeping and filing systems.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to detect errors.
- Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines, system updates and revisions, and policy changes.
- Ability to follow, apply, interpret, and explain instructions and/or guidelines.
- Ability to determine work priorities.
- Ability to make decisions and take appropriate actions.
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines of the work area.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to compose routine correspondence and reports.
- Ability to type.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to select and compile data for statements, expenditures, revenues, accounts, and reports.
- Proactive, take initiative and well organized.
- Able to work fast under pressure
- Meticulous, with an attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 2:2.
- Between the ages of 22 and 30 years.
- Pleasant personality with good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Words and PowerPoint) is a must and experience in using Sage 50 Accounting software is highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of the workings of an office.
- Good organisational skills and ability to work, and sometime implement own processes.