Job Summary Plan:
- Implement and manage the financial activities of the company, including strategic planning and budgeting
- Oversee general accounting operations by booking, controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
- Reconciling account balances and bank statements.
- Maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures.
- Excellent analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods of financial reports.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive and tactful manner.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance law
- Ability to ensure accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
- Ability to plan, manage and follow through on assignments and communicate at all levels of the leadership within the organisation – in a timely professional manner
- Proficiency in IT and SAGE accounting software
Key Functions and Responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide strategic financial analysis and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the Company.
- Provide timely financial analysis and statements to assist the Senior Management Team in evaluating the profitability of income streams and potential for cost efficiencies.
- Prepare necessary paperwork for tax payments and return
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
Accounting and Tax Management
- Prepare and send accurate, complete and timely financial and management reports, which will include weekly/monthly/quarterly management accounts and balance sheet control
- Oversee, monthly reconciliation of all Company Bank accounts.
- Manage authorization of weekly electronic and manual payments.
- Act as liaison with bankers
- Prepare the cash flow statements, income and expenditure accounts, tax returns and balance sheet and a monthly performance review.
- Ensure that the company is in compliance with all statutory requirements including:
- Payment and filing of VAT returns,
- PAYE and Pension remittance
- Withholding deduction and remittance
- Monitor expenditure to ensure adherence to the company’s fiscal year budget.
- Continuously improve on the budgeting process through engagement of other departmental heads on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Analyze budget variances and consolidate the financial statement for further analysis.
- Ensure timely submission of all external reports such as Audit/Tax Reports etc.
- Ensure that annual audit requirements are met.
- Proven experience (>5 years) as a financial controller, accounting supervisor or senior accountant
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Hands-on experience with accounting software Sage
- Advanced MS Excel skills including (V+H) lookups and pivot tables
- BSc degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Relevant certification (e.g. Chartered Accountant, CMA or CPA) will be preferred
- MSc/MBA is a plus
Skills and Qualifications
- Accounting, Corporate Finance
- Reporting Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Reporting Research Results,
- Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Math Skills