- Strategic focus and forward-looking experience in partnering with CFOs to develop and deliver business strategies.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and internal control principles, operational risk evaluation and governance frameworks.
- Proven ability to manage the budgeting process.
- Good knowledge of IFRS accounting principles.
- Strong people management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant Tax legislation and regulatory requirements as well as the ability to translate these into appropriate policies and procedures (preferred).
- Detailed understanding of risk management.
- Experienced in building high performing finance functions or transforming finance functions.
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible approach, strong commercial judgment.
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrable leadership skills with the ability to provide clear, direct and authoritative direction to others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Must be able to determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Relationship building, negotiation, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to foster teamwork.
- High energy.
- Strong work ethic.
- Able to manage time, prioritize tasks and work under pressure.