Reporting Line: Reports to Head of Department
Job Summary: We are looking for an Accountant who would be charged with the responsibility of accounting and financial reporting including general ledger, trial balance, payables, payroll, budgeting reporting, financial statement and report preparation on a regular basis.
- Assist in preparing, examining, and analyzing accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Assist in computing taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Assist in computing and Remiting Statutory deductions such as Pension and NHF in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Analyze the company’s business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Develop, monitor, and analyze budgets.
- Posting and reconciliation of transactions on the company’s accounting software – SAGE 50.
- Prepare forms and manuals required for accounting and bookkeeping activities.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain creative solutions to business and financial problems.
- Carrying out internal auditing and control functions.
- Advise employees and management in areas such as compensations, employee health care benefits, and other payroll emoluments.
- Investigate irregularities in financial transactions and prepare reports summarizing the findings.
- Appraise, evaluate, and take inventory of company assets while maintaining an asset register.
- Analyze, Reconcile and Post Petty cash and Fuel imprest.
- Monthly physical stock take and reconciliation.
- Cash withdrawal and liquidity management.
- Compilation and submission of weekly sales report.
- Confirmation of customer deposits and Issuance of receipts.
- Setting up and updating customer’s payments records.
- Management, Preparation and payment of monthly payroll.
- Management of Loan process & other financing functions.
- And perform any other responsibility that may be assigned by the Head, Finance & Accounts.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of a first degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- Professional accounting qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA is an added advantage.
- MBA or Masters in Accounting, Finance or a related field is an added advantage.
- 2-4 years post NYSC experience across accounting functions.
- Experience using SAGE or other ERP.
- Highly organised and action-oriented.
- A team player with leadership abilities.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
EEO Statement- Rural Homes Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply to this position.
Working Hours: 8:30am – 5:00pm