KPMG Nigeria - Our client is a foreign own conglomerate in Nigeria. In line with its desire to ensure that key roles are filled by the best talent with the requisite skills and experience, our client seeks to recruit an experienced individual to fill this role
Detailed Job Description
- The Network Engineer is expected to install, configure and support network systems of the organization.
- He/she is called in whenever any policies, strategies or technologies need to be put in use.
- Their expertise is needed to handle complex issues and advanced needs of the network system.
- He/she is expected to supervise a technical team as well. Sound ability in troubleshooting complex problems, analyzing and resolving complex issues, and implementing software, hardware, and networks needs are the key role of this job title.
- Design IP and plan for various network elements
- Assigning IP and remote access for various Network Elements
- Designing, implementing and providing operational support in areas of complex networking environment like routing/switching protocols
- Supporting project manager in implementing network infrastructure
- Configuring and testing network connectivity like firewalls, Cisco switches and Cisco routers and any other Router device used by network such as Ruckus
- Installing and handling Company’s Network equipment
- Providing guidance to less experienced engineers in installing network elements with IP, pin-outs and IP's verification
- Implementing and troubleshooting network implementation issues
- Prepare recommendations for network configurations and connectivity
- Analyze and design solution specific to client needs
- Analyze and interprete utilization and traffic services on network connections
- Perform responsibilities of scheduling and maintaining window servers
- Assist senior engineers in testing of pre-production, disaster recovery and troubleshooting complex networking issues
- Coordinate with technical resource, network vendors and equipment suppliers in performing initial network implementation stages
- Supported team in areas of capacity planning, IT operations and capacity planning
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's/HND in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Physics/Telecommunications
- Minimum CCNA qualification with proven track record in a deployment of IP networks such as IP MPLS
- Minimum of 3 years’ hands-on work experience
- Experience working in a structured organization
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies, an advantage
- Ability to attract, develop and motivate our resource thereby giving the opportunity to improve the dedicated manpower always
- To possess a high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Comprehensive knowledge of designing, implementing and providing operational support in complex network environments
- In-depth knowledge of firewall applications, network testing
- Comprehensive knowledge of developing and implementing architecture and design of networks and network drawings
- Ability to facilitate projects and make sound technical decisions
- Possess strong communication skills and has the ability to convey technical concepts and ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong leadership, project implementation and management skills.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/555821 to apply for this job .