Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
- The Operations Manager will be responsible for the overall end to end management and coordination of full-order cycle, align metrics and resources to leverage volume for highest return.
- This position is a key contact to record and track quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times and transport cost while maintaining efficiency.
In particular you will:
- Management of cross border supply chain for Nigeria bound shipment
- Create route to improve delivery fulfilment and customer promise for international order
- Diversify logistic partnership for trade route
- Test new international shipping solution to create most reliable and even faster supply
- Develop systems and processes to improve fulfilment lead-time for Jumia global bound shipment
- Constantly improving existing processes and finding means to better supply efficiency and metric
- Rollout and standardize reverse supply chain for international sellers
- Streamline international seller inventory management
- Enhancement of Customer Experience/Vendor Experience for Jumia Global
- Constantly review SKU with poor review and quality
- Manage vendor Payment and logistic recharge
- Cost optimization for international Freight and local clearing
- Negotiate international freight & local clearing cost with 100% reliability
- Develop streamlined reports, dashboards and intermediate indicators
- Create reports on Metric --> Detail--> Why format
- Automate and make dashboards as real time as possible to show performance metric
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- MBA or Master's Degree in: Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain or related fields
- 7+ years of management experience in Distribution and Outbound Logistics in a multi-site distribution network
- Clear understanding of Logistics network management, Retail or Customer Service processes and priorities
- Experience of Six Sigma/ Lean analytical technique is a plus
- Experience of supply chain management and transportation concepts: forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP.
- Understanding of E-Commerce Direct-to-Consumer order fulfilment concepts
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/555700 to apply for this job .