Vodacom Business, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
- To maintain a sound knowledge and understanding of current methodologies, technologies and services as employed by the Customer and as promoted by the Company whilst maintaining an awareness of future trends within the market place.
- Ensures all credit notes issues are resolved timely and produce necessary reports for the client and management.
- Ensure all service related incidents are promptly followed up and immediate escalation set in motion to enable prompt feedback to the client without necessarily relying on the CSOC engineers for communications to the clients. The escalation needs to be promptly followed up with the relevant parties to ensure prompt resolution.
- Service Manager must ensure all the backhauls and project related issues under his/her care are proactively monitored and flagged once the backhauls are 70% utilized. This will ensure proactive action/escalation to the installs team before attaining any congestion level whereby services will be impacted. This must form part of the month end reports.
- Aligns self and extended delivery team with business strategies to deliver and meet metrics for process and service expectations as set and agreed.
- Adherence to ITIL and ISO Service Management processes.
- Ensure that all service related documentation is up to date at all times.
- Support the Head of Service management in achieving his/her objectives.
Detailed Principal Objectives
- By virtue of the fact that we sell an IT service it is deemed that things will break and will have to be fixed. It is this interaction that largely determines the client’s satisfaction.
- As a service manager you are a single point of contact for all service related issues. It is the interaction between the client and service manager that ensures that the customer is delighted at all times.
- The service manager needs to ensure customer Loyalty which invariably lead to Devoting the customer.
- If you continue to ensure that the services that the client purchases are working according to their needs and expectations, it is expected that they will retain these services with us. It is important to ensure that the product is relevant and working.
Speed of Incident Management (Break Fix) and fault resolution/ management of churns:
- When service related incidents occur, it is the service manager’s responsibility to ensure that the issues are fixed in a satisfactory way. Necessary follow up and escalations must be picked up timely to ensure MTTR is not breached. Thereby ensuring zero churn rates. Prompt follow up must be enhanced and immediate escalation set in motion to enable prompt feedback to the client without relying on the CSOC engineers for communications to the clients. The escalation needs to be promptly followed up with the relevant parties to ensure prompt resolution. It is the Service Manager’s responsibility to follow up and ensure resolution and most importantly customer satisfaction and zero churn rates!
Strengthening Customer Relationship and Ties:
- Building client confidence in IS and its products and maintain a trustful relationship with clients.
Optimisation and Performance Management:
- The customer's services need to be analysed. Once the service manager has an understanding of the optimal configuration it is their responsibility to offer suggestions on how best to optimize. Invariably, all clients’ backhauls and its services must be effectively checked from time to time and reporting effected on it.
- Service Manager must ensure all the backhauls and project related issues under his/her care are proactively monitored and flagged once the backhauls are 70% utilized.
- This will ensure proactive action/escalation to the installs team and AM before attaining any congestion level whereby services will be impacted. This must form part of the month end reports.
- The individual will need to create a trusted business relationship with the customer and proactively manage the business relationship in order to forecast client needs and demands. Professionalism is key.
Key Roles / Qualification
- The Job holder is the first and primary contact for the Customer, whether it is for changes, Requests or escalations. He/she will assist the Head service (and Sales manager) in order to manage the account as a whole
- The preferred candidate must have Bachelor's Degree in Engineering /Elect Elect from a reputable university. An MBA will be an added advantage.
- The job requires 10years post NYSC experience in customer relationship management in the telecoms industry.
- Experience in using monitoring tools /ticketing/ reporting platform such as Sage, Fault ticket system, Cacti, Azotel and SAT manager.
Knowledge and skills:
- Must be Client/Customer Service oriented
- Must be an excellent communicator (both telephone and email).
- Must be a ‘People Person’ who wants to build client relationships.
- A ‘Problem Solver’ with the ability to analyze an issue, identifies and works with the correct resource(s) to resolve the issue and follow up to demonstrate the issue is resolved.
- Must be Detail Oriented with the ability to gather and report/record important information in detail.
- Strong understanding of the ITIL frame work and standards
- Experience in managing people and resources e.g. time
- Analytical and problem solving attributes.
- Exhibiting tact and diplomacy.
- Broad experience of post sales support.
- “Get it done” and “Make it Happen” mentality
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Stress tolerant.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/555661 to apply for this job .