Plan International is evolving in response to shifts in international development and humanitarian response. We are doing this so we can continue to make a stand for children’s rights. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for and respond to crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. Having identified girls as the most marginalised group, they will be our ongoing focus as we work towards helping 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive within their communities. As we embark on this ambitious and exciting journey, we are recruiting for talent across the globe.
- The position aims to strengthen the ability of civil society organizations to constructively engage the duty bearers and be able to coordinate the activities of the Reform Champions Team to accelerate urban WASH reforms.
- It aims to increase citizens’ participation in urban WASH issues.
Dimension of Role
- Lead and coordinate the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all capacity building activities of the E-WASH project.
- Maintain excellence in technical capacity building activities with the local organization; and
- Ensure effective communication among implementing partners, government actors, civil society organizations, urban consumers, and communities.
- Lead creation, implementation, documentation, and follow up on all training activities of the project using consistent, adult learning approaches.
- Lead the identification of strategic needs and approaches to civil society capacity building in the context of the WASH sector and the objectives of the project.
- Facilitate and supervise the conduct of organizational capacity assessments of local CSOs and the development of capacity development plans peculiar to the needs of the individual partner.
- In collaboration with MEL Specialist, provide appropriate reporting on indicators and targets, and document implementation successes, challenges, and lessons learned and share them with stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance, advice and guidance to CSOs focused on WASH issues, particularly in the area of inclusion of marginalized citizens, advocacy and monitoring for service delivery, and developing networks and platforms of CSOs.
- Ensure gender is integrated into all capacity building tools, methodologies, and activities.
- Leverage and enhance existing strengths within CSOs, facilitating opportunities to learn from each other’s effective strategies.
- Contribute to overall project strategy and design, development of annual work plans and progress reports.
- Prepare and manage budgets for the CSO capacity building component of the E-WASH project.
- Deliver technical presentations on project achievements to audiences, including implementing partners, civil society, government officials, USAID, and other relevant stakeholders.
Knowledge and Experience
- Graduate of an appropriate interdisciplinary subject, such as human development, social sciences, development studies, organizational development or other related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience, including field and management experience.
- Broad experience in assessing the technical capacity of civil society organizations, developing capacity building plans that meet their needs.
- Advanced professional development and experience in gender, equity and inclusion.
- Strong knowledge of child and women’s rights and gender justice.
- Strong evidence of influencing decision makers, Policies, and brokering cross-disciplinary collaboration.
- Proven record of accomplishment of leadership within an international organization.
- Compelling influencer and communicator – able to inspire, build consensus and bring people together around a common agenda.
- Experience with a diverse set of stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, collaboration experience, creativity and willingness to innovate
- Experience drafting project reporting and monitoring project progress
- Experience of managing budgets and planning and reporting protocols.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/554978 to apply for this job .