We are a coalition of individuals and organizations committed to instituting a culture of good governance and public accountability in Nigeria through active citizenship.
We are non-partisan, neither are we a platform for the actualization of any individual’s political ambitions.
We believe in the power of young people to change Nigeria’s destiny.
To ensure daily monitoring of our Programs and Projects and ensure proper coordination of activities to meet organisational objectives. He / She will be comfortable in all new media platforms with experience and knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of each to ensure maximum mileage for message and work - developing awareness, generating traffic and cultivating engagement.
- Work with the Program Manager in developing, deploying and executing detailed work plans on our programs.
- Design evaluative measures to track and monitor program effectiveness.
- Generate innovative project ideas and strategies related to our mission and goals.
- Maintain official records, documents and internal/external communications as appropriate.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Work in collaboration with the Research & Grants Associate to develop project proposals.
- Execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs.
- Effectively apply our methodology and enforce project standard.
- Oversee collection of performance data on programs and activities, for evaluation and strategic review and reporting purposes.
- Minimize exposure to risks on projects and ensure project / program outcomes are consistently achieved.
- Work in collaboration with the Finance Manager / Associate to develop and monitor program budgets.
- Ensure regular updates and information are passed on to project members promptly.
- Set activity targets for team members and ensure those targets are met satisfactorily.
- Identify resource needs and assign individual responsibilities.
- Provide correspondence to the Programs Manager on projects managed.
- Stakeholder Management
- Work with community agencies, organisations and institutions as appropriate to carry out organisational and program goals.
- Engage stakeholders in advocacy to advance our mission and goals.
- Prepare and present reports to board and funders, as well as community stakeholders.
- Manage relationships with organisational coalition members – strategy input and partnerships on programs.
- Engage volunteers with relevant and timely information via SMS, Email and WhatsApp in collaboration with the intern.
- Media Management and Engagement
- Co-manage our presence on social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and similar community sites for all projects and campaigns.
- Draft and oversee media materials, including press release, newsletter, blog posts, statements, quotes and briefing documents ensuring accuracy, appropriate sign off and dissemination.
- Innovate alternative channels to disseminate message and showcase its work.
- Monitor trends regarding issues of interest to us and adapt our media strategy in a timely fashion to ensure relevance.
- Be involved in the weekly scheduling of traditional media engagements (with partners, radio and / TV) as assigned.
- Liaise with Media Team in the implementation of media activity across projects, programs and across media to raise awareness, drive engagement, enhance our reputation and meets objectives.
- Ensure key messages are accurately and consistently expressed in relevant media channels.
- Reports to the Program Manager
Qualifications, Experience & Skill
- Previous work experience in a similar role.
- Computer proficiency in MS office especially Excel and Powerpoint (Intermediate level of proficiency)
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
- NGO experience.
- Excellent verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- Knowledge of Nigerian languages.
- Ability to work under direction and to exercise personal responsibility and autonomy to meet objectives.
- Ability to make decisions which influence the success of a project or enhances team objectives.
- Demonstrates an analytical & systematic approach to problem solving.
- Ability to plan, schedule and monitor work to meet deliverables in a timely manner.
- Ability to work well under pressure while being attentive to detail.
- Ability to work well with senior management, colleagues and the public.
- High degree of trustworthiness, discretion & confidentiality.
There will be opportunities to earn additional income from short-term projects.
Performance Review Criteria
Ability to deliver on the requirements of the job description.
Ability to produce timely & accurate weekly status reports for the ED.
Ensure team members’ milestones are met.
Prepare and submit a monthly progress report on all project milestone to Program Manager.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/554703 to apply for this job .