Solidaridad West Africa (SWA) is a not-for-profit organisation that supports the sustainable development of production systems in West Africa. We play a catalytic role by partnering with private sector companies and other stakeholders to foster the development of socially responsible, ecologically sound and profitable supply chains. Our activities in West Africa are focused on cocoa, gold, oil palm, cotton, soy and other commodities.
- The Solidaridad regional office is based in Accra, Ghana and currently has programmes and operations in Sierra Leone, Cameroon, Cote D'Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia and Nigeria.
- The Solidaridad Nigeria Country Program seeks to recruit a highly qualified and motivated Programme Manager for Oil Palm
- The position would be based initially in Abuja and later in one of the towns/cities in the oil palm belt in Nigeria.
- Under the direction of the Country Representative, the Oil Palm Programme Manager will lead the Oil Palm Programme team to ensure high quality of programming, strong proposal designs that are in line with Solidaridad's objectives and donor priorities
- S/He will directly support the programme’s initiative to promote climate-smart oil palm systems, best management practices, improved technology use of extraction efficiency, service delivery systems, market linkages and policy enabling environment
- The Oil Palm Programme Manager will liaise internally with Solidaridad's partners and with external stakeholders, and ensure all Solidaridad's Oil Palm programmes in the country maintain high standards, in line with international standards.
- Supervise the development and the implementation of project/program plans and activities in close coordination with partners (public and private)
- Develop strategies, guidelines, manuals, and procedures for programme implementation.
- Co-operate with and ensure regular contacts, dialogues with the local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental bodies and persons within the programme/project’s environment as well as with other projects in order to enhance and maintain good working relationships
- Communicate and channel local interest and aspirations and exchanges ideas and information for the benefit of the programme
- Oversee overall programme management of the Oil Palm programme and ensures timeous, continuous delivery of activities
- Lead partnership development and resource mobilization
- Prepares appropriate input to the various project/program reports/publications including annual reports; contributes to other reports required by the Regional Director
- Monitor programme progress, review reports and documents concerning the progress of collaborative programs, determine bottlenecks and make recommendations for management action to the Country Representative.
- Prepare the budget for key events and related financial documentation
- Monitor the operational budget against the contract and programme agreements components
- Responsible for the management of personnel, finances, and infrastructures of the entrusted area of activity.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- University Degree in Agricultural Business or related field. Masters preferred
- 10 years minimum experience in similar role
- Experience with program management, proposals and reporting
- Experience with bilateral and multilateral donors
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation
- Project Management expert
- Knowledge of and adherence to NGO Management and code of conduct
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the Oil Palm sector of Nigeria
- Thorough knowledge of planning, monitoring and evaluation (PME) methodologies.
- Interested and qualified candidates should kindly send their Applications with updated Resume, Please indicate the position in the subject line.
- High priority would be given to qualified female applicants
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/554677 to apply for this job .