Jumia Group is a leading global incubator of start-ups. We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies, such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia Services. We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development.
- This position is designed to provide a full line of driving safety and compliance related education and training services to Delivery Associates in support of the goals and objectives of Jumia Services, the Logistics Marketplace company of Jumia.
In particular, you will:
- Provide practical and theory-based driver training and development to enhance individual risk awareness and driving skills, and promote the benefits of a positive driver attitude to reduce driver risk.
- Conduct risk assessments of potential Delivery Associate and the re-assessment of existing Associate to ensure their driving competency and suitability for their particular driving duties.
- Provide information on trainee performance and driving development needs.
- Assist in the development of new initiatives for all aspects of driver training, road/driver safety and driver assessments.
- Complete all training reports and assessment summaries promptly and to a high standard.
- Develop a good working knowledge of the Quality Assurance process including course evaluation to enable the team to meet all objectives.
- Track all fleet incident report relating customer delivery experience and satisfaction
- Supervision and reporting of fleet condition and maintenance
- Support in sourcing, screening, grading and recruitment of potential Delivery Associates
- Coordinate DA community engagement activities at the hub level
- Source local content and happy Delivery Associate stories shared on a weekly basis
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Transportation, Logistics, or Management is preferred, equivalent experience will be considered as well
- 3 - 5 years of related experience
- Hands-on Safety & Compliance experience in the Transportation industry an asset
- Experience in the provision of light commercial vehicle driver coaching and development
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to motivate the timid and firmly control the strong-willed in the classroom and during in-car training to ensure complete safety at all times
- Able to give meaningful, honest feedback to enable all students to be aware of their progress and their shortcomings.
- Sound knowledge of current car technology and basic maintenance.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/554668 to apply for this job .