Terragon Group - We pride ourselves as a new Media business focused on Africa. We have built a strong competence across the new media ecosystem comprising mobile, online and content. Within digital, we understand the interplay between content and platform and we have business verticals that deliver on both components of the digital world.
- To gather data on the internal and external environment that will form the basis of assumptions that drive the development of strategic opportunities for the organization.
- Establish collaborative & trusting relationships with key stakeholders within the business to ensure that there is a free flow of ideas across the business from bottom-up, and ensure the strategy formulation process is robust
- Plan and facilitate formal strategy sessions with the executive management team to agree on the strategic objectives of the business
- Work with each head of department (HOD) in the business to distil the strategic objectives into key initiatives for their units
- Collate all the departmental strategic initiatives and build a comprehensive project plan with agreed timelines, key performance indicators (KPIs) and identified parties responsible for the execution
- Hold formal sessions with the entire organization to communicate the strategy
- Drive the use and effectiveness of the executive management dashboard that feeds live data on key performance indicators for the business
- Sit with each person in the organization responsible for the execution of strategic initiatives to get progress on workstream as well as understand the challenges that are currently being encountered.
- Update KPIs every 2 weeks by following up on people responsible for each activity
- Plan and drive the monthly strategy review meetings, gather all the resolutions reached, adjust the strategy project plan as required and follow-up on execution
- Send monthly Strategy Newsletter to the entire company on Wednesday after the monthly strategy review
- Hold an all-staff Strategy session once every quarter to share the highlights of progress against the strategy & call-out teams that have made a particularly big push
- Plan and facilitate a Mid-Year Strategy review session with the leadership team to gauge the relevance strategy against a possible change in assumptions, the external & internal environments
- A First Degree in Business Administration, Mathematics or Social Sciences
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in similar role, business management or management consulting
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience engaging with senior management
- Great client engagement & negotiation skills
- Meticulous planner with keen attention to details
- Good with understanding abstract concepts
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/553977 to apply for this job .