Microsoft Nigeria If you have unique experiences, skills and passions and we believe you can bring them all to Microsoft for a rich, rewarding career and lifestyle that will surprise you with its breadth and potential. Just imagine the excitement and satisfaction of what you can do, where you can go, and the difference you can make with the resources of Microsoft behind you.
- We are looking for a Cloud Solution Architect to drive Azure Application Development for high priority customer initiatives on Azure in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field.
- This is a technical, customer-facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud deployment experience for Application Development initiatives
- This role will own the Azure technical customer engagement including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts for App Development initiatives. The ideal candidate will have experience in a customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud deployment. Key responsibilities of the Cloud Solution Architect include:
- Drive the deployment of customer workloads into Azure and increase their consumption of the platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting the development of the customers’ cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers.
- Establish deep relationships with key ITDMs and BDMs, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company. Identify, validate and grow opportunities to accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts, in partnership with the sales team, by driving solution architecture for both Microsoft and 3rd party solutions.
- Accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts by providing deep technical expertise and support in App Development workloads.
- Lead deployment of projects, the creation of collateral, and training of sellers and partners in your area of specialization.
- Keep up to date with market trends and competitive insights.
- Coach other technical sellers to become certified in required Azure technical certifications.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects)
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in “migrating” on-premise workloads to the cloud
- Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Software design or development, Cloud Application Design, Mobility, PaaS, Media Services, CDN
- Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more of the following programming languages: NET, C++, Java, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences at all levels of the organization
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/552816 to apply for this job .