The British Council is the world's leading cultural relations organization and creates opportunities for people in the UK and worldwide to understand each other, to work together and learn from one another. We see this as crucial to building secure, more prosperous and sustainable futures for us all. We build trust and understanding between different countries and cultures and develop strong international links that are of benefit to people in Britain and the rest of the world.
- We are looking for examiners to conduct one to one interviews with IELTS candidates to assess their spoken English according to set requirements, and assess written scripts produced by candidates under exam conditions.
- Examiners are recruited on a casual basis and are expected to examine at least ten sessions a year at regular intervals
- IELTS examinations regularly take place in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. We may occasionally run examinations in other cities in Nigeria.
- Training of successful candidates will be after shortlisting.
- An Undergraduate Degree or a qualification which can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an Undergraduate Degree.
- A recognised qualification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) / Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) / or recognised equivalent as part of a recognised university award course.
- At least 3 years full time (14 hours per week minimum or the equivalent part-time) relevant TESOL/TEFL teaching experience (minimum one-year post certificate level qualification). The majority of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over).
- CELTA; DELTA; Cert. TESOL; Dip. TESOL; PGCE; B Ed.; M Ed; MA Applied Linguistics
- Assessed teaching practice and ESOL/EFL studies at the cert. the level must be part of the course.
- Nigerian qualifications include either a Nigerian 1st Degree, an NCE in ELT plus relevant teaching experience and IELTS 9:0. Or Nigerian BEd in English Language Teaching (transcripts verify course content), relevant teaching experience plus IELTS 9:0
- A First Degree plus a Nigerian PGDE or MEd/MA in TESOL or TEFL (transcripts verify course content), plus relevant teaching experience and IELTS 9:0.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should Download and complete the application and the reference request forms. Completed applications should be sent via email
- Before applying, read through the IELTS Examiner Minimum Professional Requirements & IELTS Guide for Examiner Applicants documents
- If shortlisted, you will need to submit a transcript of the teaching course you attended.
- Abuja, Calabar, Kwara, and Rivers.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/552778 to apply for this job .