The Minimally Invasive Therapies Group strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions.
- Careers that Change Lives
- Are you passionate about representing market leading product in a results-oriented environment? As the Regional Sales Manager, you will be responsible for leading the MITG business in Anglophone West Africa region, with a focus on Ghana and Nigeria.
- You can be proud to sell medical technologies that are rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation!
A Day in the Life
- Your responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- You will ensure area sales teams achieve quarterly and annual sales targets.
- You will manage area MITG sales staff, with a focus on driving accountability and developing talent.
- You will ensure all MITG sales representatives within the area (internal and external) are appropriately trained for their job function.
- You will develop and implement country-specific sales and marketing strategies, in line with regional marketing guidance and inputs from BU Manager.
- You will ensure local input in regional marketing plans and programs, including but not limited to product launches, promotions, and training.
- You will map gaps in health care provider skills, and develop professional development strategy and plans to address those gaps.
- You will supervise the planning/implementation of all marketing, training, and other business development activities in the area. Report on outcomes from these activities.
- You will identify opportunities for market development that will increase access to Medtronic therapies for patients within the area.
- You will manage P&L and ensure appropriate use of budgets for all business-related expenses: marketing, professional development, samples, travel, etc.
- You will provide accurate monthly forecasts to BU Manager / Demand Planning Team.
- You will address any issues with upstream or downstream stock availability.
- You will lead the process for timely submission of any direct/indirect tenders.
- You will complete monthly/quarterly sales reports and other types of reports as required by BU Manager.
- You will gather and analyze information from the local market to inform pricing strategies/decisions.
- You will unblock internal and external barriers to business growth.
- You will manage relationships with channel partners with a focus on driving strategic alignment and achievement of quarterly targets.
- You will ensure the success of Naira trading platform, address any commercial or operational issues that arise.
- You will monitor compliance with all ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements.
- You will lead the development of annual key account plans, and track metrics related to these plans.
- You will develop innovative solutions to address customer needs/requirements.
- You will finalize / close contractual agreements; manage complex negotiations.
- You will meet with customers regularly to assess current and future needs as well as to maintain positive relationships with key opinion leaders.
- Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant field, and 2 years’ experience managing a team.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Clinical experience in the surgical field is an advantage.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of West African health sector (especially, Ghana and Nigeria), with a preference for previous experience in medical devices field.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively within a matrix structure.
- Ability to plan, manage and execute projects within budget and on schedule.
- Ability to identify, manage and improve marketing processes and derive a commercial benefit.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - verbal and written.
- Ability to coordinate the efforts of a large team of internal/external actors across geographies.
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches and departmental cooperation.
- Speak, read and write in English
- Nice to Have
- Multilingual - French
Physical Job Requirements
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
- The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/552423 to apply for this job .