African Management Services Company (AMSCO)- Our client owns and runs a leading fashion brand targeted at children and teens. The company produces and retails several fashion products. The brand has developed into the best within its speciality; headquartered in Lagos, it has retail outlets in other parts of Nigeria.
- The General Manager is responsible for the entire performance (Planning, Production and Retailing functions) of the company, as directed by the top management’s overall strategy.
- Formulating and successfully implementing company policy
- Directing strategy towards the profitable growth and operation of the company
- Developing strategic operating plans that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities established by the top management
- Maintaining an on-going dialogue with the top management and putting in place adequate operational planning and financial control systems
- Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by the management and other employees
- Monitoring the operating and financial results against plans and budgets
- Taking remedial action where necessary and informing the top management of significant changes
- Monitoring the actions of the functional departmental heads
- Assuming full accountability to the top management for all company operations
- Representing the company to major customers, professional associations and government agencies
- Building and maintaining an effective executive team
- Performing other duties as assigned by owner or Board
Educational And Professional Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Fashion and Textiles, Business Administration or any relevant field
- MBA or other relevant master’s degree is a plus
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in fashion production and retailing at high management level
- Relevant professional certification or affiliation
Skills And Competencies
- Policy formulation and implementation
- Proactive and strategic
- Problem-solving skills
- Numerate, Analytical and Commercial acumen
- Financial Knowledge at Management level
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ERP etc.)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills – English preferred
- People management skills.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/552421 to apply for this job .